The Global Games Sports Company Pty Ltd, GGSC, (we, our, us) was established by Sport Inclusion Australia in 2016 to plan, organise and deliver the INAS Global Games 2019, in conjunction with the International Federation for athletes with intellectual impairment, INAS. GGSC collects and manages personal information in the course of performing its activities, functions and duties. We respect the privacy of the personal information held by us. The way in which GGSC manages personal information is governed by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) and other legislation in force in Queensland (Acts). This policy describes generally how any personal information GGSC collects from you or that you provide to GGSC will be held, used, processed or disclosed by GGSC.
What is "personal information"?
For the purposes of this Statement, "personal information" is any information or opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion - whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether or not the information or opinion is recorded in a material form.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for one or more of the following purposes:
- Responding to your requests or inquiries (including enquiries seeking approvals, and media, marketing and communication related enquiries) and providing you with any publications, information or other services requested by you;
- Assessing your application for employment;
- Your employment relationship with us;
- Assessing your application for volunteering opportunities;
- Assessing your application for business and/or sponsorship opportunities;
- Your business and/or sponsorship relationship with us;
- To enable the performance of contracts with you;
- To enforce our legal rights or otherwise comply with our legal obligations;
- To enforce any ticketing terms and conditions or otherwise enable the allocation, sale, resale,
- transfer and/or exchange of tickets;
- To enable the proper maintenance and/or operation of the any GGSC website or application, ticket
- website or application, any physical ticket sale facilities, and any ticket sale facilities provided by
- Communicating with you during the course of your business or other relationship with us;
- Managing our subscription service;
- Where necessary, maintaining and updating our records;
- Making our website easier for you to use and providing you with access to all parts of our website;
- To notify you about matters relating to GGSC, including matters relating to the timing of sessions or
- change of any relevant details;
- Notifying you of important changes or developments to our functions, activities, services or our
- Administering, supporting, improving and developing our business and services;
- To protect the rights, property and security of others;
- Any other purpose which relates to or arises out of requests made by you;
- If you enter one of our competitions, processing and assessing your entry, awarding the competition
- to the winner and undertaking any activity connected to the competition;
- If you lodge a complaint with us, processing and responding to your complaint;
- Doing anything which you authorise or consent to us doing; or
- Taking any action which we are required or authorised by law to take.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
- The kinds of personal information we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Your personal and/or business contact details (including your address, landline or mobile telephone numbers, fax number and e-mail address);
- Your employment details (including your company name, job title and business sector);
- For employees- your banking, tax and superannuation fund details (including your tax file number and ABN if applicable);
- Personal and/or commercial information provided when you commence a business and/or sponsorship relationship with us;
- Personal information provided when you seek employment with us, or after you commence
- employment with us;
- Personal information provided when you seek to volunteer with us;
- Personal information provided when you seek to purchase tickets from us, including any preferences
- that you select during the application for tickets or purchase process;
- Information about ticket holders, including information about any person to whom tickets are passed;
- Credit card or other financial details if you purchase any product from us;
- Contact and identification details of any third party that you have authorised to negotiate or provideyour personal information on your behalf (including any attorneys appointed by you under power of attorney);
- Your "Twitter" or other social media identity and posts;
- Any correspondence between you and us;
- Any other personal information provided to us when you make an inquiry, request information,
- respond to marketing, enter into one of our competitions or lodge a complaint.
How do we collect personal information?
As far as possible, we will collect personal information directly from you, for example when you:
- Request information or contact us through our website, or by telephone;
- Correspond with us in writing (such as letters or emails);
- Provide your business card or other documents to us (such as contracts, tender documents or your resume);
- Make a purchase through our network which includes the ticket website, whether owned or operated by us or our ticket agent;
- Complete a volunteer application to participate in the GG2019 Volunteer Program;
- Have any other dealings with us including but not limited to social media, telephone, in person or through correspondence;
- Provide any other personal information to us when you make an enquiry, request information, respond to marketing, enter into one of our competitions or promotions, complete a survey or lodge a complaint.
- However, in certain circumstances, we may collect your personal information from a third party, for example:
- Government agencies;
- Our professional advisers;
- Our contracted service providers;
- Your current or former employer (for example, to obtain a reference check if you are applying for employment with GG2019); and any other organisation with whom we do business.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Please be aware that disabling cookies completely means that certain personalised features will not be provided We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are most being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website by tailoring it to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, then the data is removed from the system.
Some cookies are not set by us, but by other sites which provide a service or functionality on our website.
Disclosure of personal information
In carrying out our functions, duties and activities, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Business Partners and Sponsors;
- Delivery Partners;
- Our employees;
- Bodies to which we are authorised or required by law to disclose such information (for example, various State and Federal departments, public sector bodies, government agencies and law enforcement agencies);
- Security and other agencies for the purposes of conducting security accreditation checks. These agencies will deal with your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- To our professional advisers, contractors or service providers who we have engaged or appointed to carry out, or advise us with respect to our functions, duties or activities;
- Any parties with whom we have entered into an arrangement (for example, a joint venture partner or contractor) for the carrying out of our functions, duties or activities;
- Promotional organisations for the purposes of these organisations promoting events or tourism in Queensland;
- Suppliers we engage for data processing and other administrative and support functions;
- Any specific parties which we have advised you of at the time the relevant personal information is collected;
- Commonwealth and international sporting bodies or authorities to whom we are required to provide information (including, but not limited to, at the conclusion of the INAS Global Games 2019, to the organising committee of the 2023 Global Games);
- Develop statistical or analytical information in relation to the sale of tickets and operation of the INAS Global Games 2019 for the purpose of review of the impact and effect of the INAS Global Games 2019
- Queensland Police Service;
- Any party that acquires our rights or assets; or
- Any other entities, with your express or implied agreement. The entities may in turn disclose the personal information we provide to them to other parties. These other parties include charitable, marketing, promotional and tourism entities, as well as any other person required by law, including interested parties such as Federal Government of Australia; Brisbane City Council; and the State of Queensland.
Storage of personal information
We take reasonable precautions to deal with your personal information lawfully and to protect it against loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other forms of misuse.
Some examples of the safeguards we use to protect your personal information include:
- Password protection on our computers;
- Restricted access to our offices;
- Induction and training for our employees on information security and confidentiality procedures;
- Regular back up of online databases;
We cannot however guarantee the security of any information you provide to us in an email or in online form while it is being transmitted to us, because the internet is a potentially unsecure method of information. Any transfer of information from you to us is at your own risk. Whenever you voluntarily post private information in public areas of the website, you should be aware that such information can be accessed by the public and may in return be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. We recommend that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you post in public areas of the website
Disclosure to Overseas Recipients
Any personal information that you provide us or we otherwise obtain from you may be transferred to or stored in a destination outside of Australia. Furthermore, it may also be processed by staff operating outside of Australia who may not be employed by us but who have entered into a contract with us in relation to the processing of the relevant personal information. By submitting personal information to us you expressly consent to us transferring, using, storing or processing all such personal information to relevant international third parties. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information submitted to us is stored, used or processed securely when transferred to any third party.
Access to your personal information
If you wish to have access to any documents held by us which contains your personal information, please contact us:
Phone: 0490 272 019
Email: [email protected]
Please note that we may ask you to make your request in writing and provide us with evidence of your identity, and that under some circumstances under the Act or other legislation, we may not be able to provide you with the access you requested.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us on the above contact details.
Please note that we will ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. The Global Games Sports Company Pty will within 45 business days of receiving your complaint, investigate the circumstances of your complaint and provide you with a response.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We may from time to time make changes to this Privacy Statement. If we amend this statement, we willpost the amended statement on www.gg2019.org